Total Pageviews

Monday 12 September 2011

Genre research

When thinking about the different genres and types of music I could choose to base my music video on I realise the vast variety of music genres there are. When debating, I am confused whether to choose a style of music which I personally enjoy listening to, or whether to do a type of music that is interesting to me, and unfamiliar to me.
I usually listen to pop, R&B, Alternative or jazz/soul; likewise I enjoy to personally sing this style of music. I often find myself listening to contasts such as Chris Brown, Beyonce, and Amy Winehouse.

When searching for music I realised that I know an unsigned band who are extremely talented; their music genre is most likely indie or alternative. Their music has a rock beat to the rhythm but a very lively atmosphere. I have already asked them what they think, and they would be fine with my media group using their music. They are called 'Hope and Social' and are a band from Leeds. This is me and the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment